Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Export interfacegroup members

Hello!

We're looking for a way to export interfacegroup members, it does not have to be a straightfoward process aslong as we can get the relation {interface-uid - interfacegroup-uid}. Has anyone got a solution for this or any general suggestions?

We're using NNM 10.01 with embedded postgres

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Ludvig,

Sadly this is not as simple as it may appear.  The Inteface group members are not persisted in the database as part of the groups, so there is no easy way to just access a DB table and get the list.   What you would have to do is to determine the interface groups, then using each one's filter definitions figure out which interfaces match the defintions and so build up the list of members.  This could be done using a script and psql commands to access the DB, but will require a bit of effort especially given the number of "additonal filters" that can be applied to the interface group specifications.

Its certainly possible, but it will require quite alot of work.  Hopefully, if someone has already done this then they will respond.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks for your reply. I actually looked at the possibility to go that route. I guess the time consuming part is writing some kind of parser for the interfaceFilterExpression and matching to the field of the interfaces. Handling the interfaceTypeFilter is easier I guess..

br

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.