Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Extended ping

Jump to solution

Dear Experts,

Do you know if it's possible to make an extended ping (send a ping from an specific interface of one node to another nothe)?

Thanks, Miquel

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Extended ping

Jump to solution

Generally the answer is no.  However there are tools e.g. "rping" that if you set up on your devices you can then make use of in order to implement what you are wanting.  Some devices may implement this feature as part of their SNMP MIB and the QA SPI takes advantage of this for some devices, or it can make use of a deployed remote agent that it can talk to to implement this.

So there was ways to do this, but they do involve setting things up ahead of time and not all devices will implent the capability.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Extended ping

Jump to solution

Generally the answer is no.  However there are tools e.g. "rping" that if you set up on your devices you can then make use of in order to implement what you are wanting.  Some devices may implement this feature as part of their SNMP MIB and the QA SPI takes advantage of this for some devices, or it can make use of a deployed remote agent that it can talk to to implement this.

So there was ways to do this, but they do involve setting things up ahead of time and not all devices will implent the capability.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.