Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

F5 Layer 2

Jump to solution

We have F5 Loadbalancers in our inventory but none of them have Layer 2 Connectivity. Is Layer 2 Supported in NNMi for F5's. The OID's are .1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.1.3.4.1000,   .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.1409,    .1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.1.3.4.94. Do I need a Custom Poller to get Layer 2? We are running NNMI 10.10 on a Linux platform.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: F5 Layer 2

Jump to solution

If you look at the device support matrix L2 isnt supported for any F5 product,  The best we've been able to get is FDB connections to other connected network devices, not pool members. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

If you look at the device support matrix L2 isnt supported for any F5 product,  The best we've been able to get is FDB connections to other connected network devices, not pool members. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. How would I get data like Top Interfaces by Utilization and Interface Availability %.I noticed the Analysys pane is different in 10.10 from 10.20. Is their a path for F5 L2 Support in the future.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

if the interfaces are shown in the interface tab of the node you can define an interface group and add this to the Monitoring Configuration. There you can set up the monitoring for interface performance as this is normally done for "connected" interfaces automatically (which also depends on settings in the Monitoring Configuration).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

John,

I am not upto speed on the F5 mibs, but if you know that they provide any L2 connectivity information e.g LLDP, xDP etc then please open a Device Support Request and provide some example snmpwalks of the connected devices and we can get it put into the system.   I suspect that the answer may be that they don't at this time and so the best you can get is FDB as Andy mentioned.   However things move on constantly so if they can now provide L2 data then open the ER.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.