UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Filter device by SNMP Community Name

Hi

I need to create a Node Group using devices from specific SNMP Community Name. Is there a way to create a filter using the SNMP Community name as a filter?

Regards,

Rafael
0 Likes
3 Replies
Captain
Captain

Hi,

I don't think this is possible.

But if you have different communities used, you should have declared regions and you should be able to use this to create your groups.

hth

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

I think there is no out of the box solution for that. I would solve it this way:

Generate a list of nodes with active community (using sql statement for NNMi database)

Format the list and upload it with nnmloadattributes.ovpl

Use the custom attribute of the node to build the filter for the node groups

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi, You can't create a node group on snmp community strings for there's no filter parameter for that. But if you go to Inventory > SNMP Agents > there is a column which shows you all the community strings. You can create a filter on this column for a cetain community string value. If you use the csv export you have a node list. Maybe that's all you want. Regards, DJ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.