Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

Forward all the SNMP traps from RNM to GNM

team,

I want to forward all my traps from RNM to GNM. Please guide me how to enable it.

and also please let me know will it be possible for SNMP v2 traps?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Forward all the SNMP traps from RNM to GNM

Its a pretty simple process.  In the GUI theres a tab in each trap called Forward to Global Managers that you just click on the check box to enable.  But of course that can be very painful if you have lots of defined traps to do this one by one

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Forward all the SNMP traps from RNM to GNM

Hi,

in case you have hundreds/thousands of NMP trap configurations:

1. export trap configurations in ASCII,  run comand:   nnmincidentcfgdump.ovpl -type SnmpTrapConfig

2. edit created file  SnmpTrapConfig.tag

change

-GeoCentralForwardConfiguration
        -Enable false

to

-GeoCentralForwardConfiguration
        -Enable true

3. import configuration back : nnmincidentcfgload.ovpl -load  SnmpTrapConfig.tag

my 2 cents

Gedas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.