New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Global Network Management with different version of NNMi

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Can you help me solving some doubts about Global Network Management configuration?

Case 1:

Is it possible to have the following Global/Regional scenario?

Global Manager with NNMi 9.10

Regional Manager with NNMi 9.01 Patch 4

Case 2:

I have both Global and Regional Manager with NNMi 9.01 with the connection between them up and running correctly.

If I will update only the Global Manager to NNMi 9.1x, does the connection survive and can be enabled again or do I have to reconfigure it?

Is this configuration allowed or not?

Thank you very much for your precious help.

Gaetano

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Gaetano,

1) While not recommended the deployment guide does say this is supported.  From the 9.1x P3 guide on

page 253 it states:

If a global manager is connected to a regional manager running NNMi 9.0x patch 2 or

earlier, SNMP queries between the global and regional manager do not work. To

remedy this, upgrade the regional manager to NNMi 9.0x patch 3 or later. To achieve

the best results, the global manager should be the same version and NNMi patch level

as the regional manager. HP supports an NNMi 9.10 global manager connected to an

NNMi 9.0x regional manager.

2) The document goes on to say, in respect of upgrading:

To upgrade NNMi management servers configured in a global network management

environment, upgrade the NNMi management servers in the following order:

1 Upgrade the global manager from NNMi 9.0x to NNMi 9.10.

2 Upgrade the regional managers from NNMi 9.0x to NNMi 9.10.

The global network management feature continues to function while you complete the

upgrades, but some of the new NNMi 9.10 features might not work on the global

NNMi management server until you complete the upgrades on the regional NNMi

management servers.

I hope this helps

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Gaetano,

1) While not recommended the deployment guide does say this is supported.  From the 9.1x P3 guide on

page 253 it states:

If a global manager is connected to a regional manager running NNMi 9.0x patch 2 or

earlier, SNMP queries between the global and regional manager do not work. To

remedy this, upgrade the regional manager to NNMi 9.0x patch 3 or later. To achieve

the best results, the global manager should be the same version and NNMi patch level

as the regional manager. HP supports an NNMi 9.10 global manager connected to an

NNMi 9.0x regional manager.

2) The document goes on to say, in respect of upgrading:

To upgrade NNMi management servers configured in a global network management

environment, upgrade the NNMi management servers in the following order:

1 Upgrade the global manager from NNMi 9.0x to NNMi 9.10.

2 Upgrade the regional managers from NNMi 9.0x to NNMi 9.10.

The global network management feature continues to function while you complete the

upgrades, but some of the new NNMi 9.10 features might not work on the global

NNMi management server until you complete the upgrades on the regional NNMi

management servers.

I hope this helps

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks Dave for your help!

Gaetano

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.