Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Graphs at Performance Troubleshooting cannot show measurements under 5 min interval

Hi all,

NNMi 9.25 @ RHEL 6.3 & iSPI for metrics @ RHEL 6.2

I have several groups of interfaces that are polled for performance statistics with 1 min interval.

When I select "Performance Troublesooting" for them, the graphs that appear can only show metric values up to 5 min interval, even if the time frame selected is very small.

Is this a limitation of this kind of graphs or this is something configurable?

Furthermore, when you go through "Reporting - Report Menu" and you run a report from Interface Health, you can see the metric values every 1 min as polled. So, this means that the values are actually collected and saved.

Why they cannot be displayed through "Performance Troublesooting" graphs?

I personally cannot find any reason why.

Thank you in advance,

Costas

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Graphs at Performance Troubleshooting cannot show measurements under 5 min interval

Hello Vergakis

Thanks for posting

Those are the default graphs. You can change them doing the following:

1- Pick a node.

2- Go to Actions > HPE iSPI NNM Performance > Performance Troubleshooting

3- A window will be displayed with three different sections.

4- Look for the one that says Graphs | Metrics

2017-10-20_0858.png

5- Select Metrics

2017-10-20_0902.png

6- Seek for the graph you want to have.

7- Once the graph is found you just need to drag and drop it to the left panel.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Graphs at Performance Troubleshooting cannot show measurements under 5 min interval

Hi Vincent,

thank you for your reply.

I do not have problem with metrics selection.

The problem is that i can see values per 5 min even if I poll the metric every 1 min.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Best regards,

Costas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Vergakis

Thanks for your reply

I do understand that you problem is not with the metric selection, but with the values displayed. As i mentioned previously this is by design and if you want to see data different to the one that is being shown, you can select a different graph to gather the values you want.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Vincent,

thank you for your reply.

Let's forget other metrics and focus to these default graphs.

The default graphs for a node are:

1. CPU and Memory utilization 

2. CPU and Memory Exception Rate

I have configured to collect CPU and memory for nodes every 1 min.

When I open the graphs to see for instance the last hour collected values, by default, I see 4 values because they display values every 15 min.

If I select a smaller time frame, 30 minuted for instance, I can see 6 values, that is values every 5 min, but I cannot see values every 1 min, no matter how small time frame I select.

And the question is: Why I cannot see those collected and saved values via Performance Troubleshooting?

Notice that if I go via Reporting - Report Menu I can see all values for CPU and Memory that are collected every 1 min.

I hope it's clearer now.

Best regards,

Costas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.