Highlighted
Absent Member.. Rahul_Nayak Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP NNMi 10.10 Licensing

We are running HP NNMi 9.25 in our environment and we are planning to upgrade to HP NNMi 10.10 as 9.25 is reaching its obsolescence. The question I had is regarding the licensing. Currently we have HP NNMi advanced license which is only for HP NNMi without any iSPI. I read in websites that HP has remodelled its licensing structure post 10.0 and now there is only Premium and ultimate. Now, if we wish to upgrade to 10.10, do we have to upgrade the license and include entitlement to ISPI for performance, or will the license after changed will be only for HP NNMi? (I raised a sales support case and they said sales representative would know not us,) Can anyone please give me directions regarding licensing?
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
LindsayHill Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP NNMi 10.10 Licensing

Licensing gets pretty complicated. The best thing to do is talk to your account manager. They'll know exactly what licenses you've got, and what you're entitled to.

0 Likes
J. Maestre Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

For what it's worth, a couple of our customers have upgraded from NNMi 9.x to 10.10 while keeping their Unlimited licenses instead of migrating to the new license model, so it seems to be perfectly possible to upgrade while keeping the old licenses.

Then again the reason they didn't migrate the licenses is because they would lose the unlimited nodes, which for them outweights whatever advantage the new equivalent license might have.

If you don't migrate the license, anyway, you'd need an aditional license for iSPI for Performance. Your old license will only work for NNMi itself, so it might make sense to move to the new license model depending on your needs.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Rahul_Nayak Absent Member..
Absent Member..

So we can ho ahead with the upgrade without changing the licensing model at all is it? keeping the unlimited nodes license that we have currently? 

Is there is no mandetory step that everyone should migrate to new model or we can opt to have same licensing as older and have v1010?

if we chose to have same license with 10.10, should we change the license key? or can use the same?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Sven Hruza Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I'm in the same situation. I have also a NNMi 9.xx advanced unlimited license.
How did you go on with your licensing? Is it possible to use the same key again?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. asoloperto Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

NNMi 9.x license keys must be migrated to NNMi 10 license keys as they don't work with version 10.

The migration process for customers with Advanced "NOT" unlimited (e.g. 1000 nodes) is pretty clear:

1. They can migrate to NNMi Advanced Migration licensese with same quantity of nodes, no SPIs. Prior this has worked on the license portal automatically (did not known if this works on the new version of the license portal).

2. They can migrate at the end and also while the support agreement is running to NNMi Premium which includes iSPI Performance for Metrics, iSPI for Quality Assurance and two features of the NET SPI (MS Visio map export and Trap Analytics) in the SAME node quantity.

The "unlimted" NNMi versions are more complicated and as stated former should be discussed with your HPE sales rep or HPE Software partner.

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.