Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

HP NNMi nodes status unresponsive?

Hi HPCOM,

I have few post which relates with my concern but so far none of it resolves my issue. 

Issue: 

We are receiving minor alert on 2 nodes and as i have checked the alert came from UnresponsiveAgentInNode & SomeUnresponsiveAddressesInNode  for both node which is their assigned IP to monitor by NNMi. But, the date is quite old and the current status in now reachable same with the result in node>ip address tab and in pol but the status is in "No status and in orange(minor alert) state.

Tried several solution but still failed.

1. Ping test from both end (Biderectional) all working.

2. Try running on node (action>pol) then do refresh. 

3. Try adding / recreate the node but still in the same status. 

Possible to share your ideas about this issue? Also we can't afford to restart any service because it's being used in production. 

Thanks 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP NNMi nodes status unresponsive?

Hi,

It would be interesting to know what the outstanding conclusion is that is keeping this status on the node.  However if its wrong, or if you just want to recalculate the status on a node then you can run the following command from the support directory:

nnmtwiddle.ovpl invoke com.hp.ov.nms.apa:service=NmsApa clearConclusionsAndStatusOnAllObjectsInNodeThenStatusPoll <node>

Note you will need to have enabled the jmx-console.  If you need instructions on how to do this then they are in the KCS document:

KM02054160 How to enable the jmx-console

This command will reset and clear all the conclusions and therefore status and then schedule a status poll which will reset the states and cause APA to calculate the Status.

Hope this helps

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.