Mathieu Dirkx Contributor.
Contributor.

HP NOM Community License

Hi all,

I have two questions about the NOM Community License. It has no expiration, max node count of 25 and features enabled described as NNMi, but with some limitations.

1. Is the Community License also for commercial use?

Features enabled are described as NNMi, with some limitations

2. What are the limitations, is there an overview or list somewhere on the internet?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vincent_M_NNM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP NOM Community License

Hello Mathieu

Thanks for posting,

Please let me look at this internally to provide you the best possible answer.

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.

Hello Vincent,

thanks for looking into it. Can you give me an update of the current status?

Kind regards,

Mathieu Dirkx

0 Likes
Dave Young Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Mathieu,

I asked around about your questions and the information I gotback was:

1. We do not have any community edition license for NOM
  2. We used to have a community edition license for NNMi – which I believe, is discontinued now. That is, it is not honored any more.

So it looks like the community license has been deprecated in both NNMi and not implemented in NOM.  The idea of it in the first place was for people to be able to evaluate the product or use it for small installations.  However I don't believe the intention was to allow it to be used commercially in any other way than for small individual installations.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Contributor.

Hi Dave,

thanks for your answer.

Kind regards,
Mathieu Dirkx

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.