Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

HP NPS ODBC connection error

Hi,

I am using NNMi 10.10 Version. I have sync the NPS with NNmi. NPS is installed in dedicated server.

All was working fine but unfortunately DB connection got failed.

Please suggest what can be the reason.

Best Regards,

Sanjay

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: HP NPS ODBC connection error

Hello Sanjay,

If you execute the startDB.ovpl the Database successfully startes?

Are you able to connect to the DB using the following command:

<NPSInstallDir>/nonOV/sybaseiq/IQ-16_0/bin64/dbisql -c "DSN=PerfSPIDSN" -nogui

You can check the current status with statusDB.ovpl

You will need to check the messages logged in the Metrics iSPI log files, if it could be related to resource problems; per example, memory, connections, disk space, etc.

log files are located under /var/opt/OV/NNMPerformanceSPI/logs:

perfspi.iqmsg, prspi.log,  perfspi.srv.log, dbproxy.log, ASECONTENTSERVER.log, cogserver.log

Best Regards

Veronica Gismero
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HPE.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

Micro Focus Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.