Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

How to create custom topology view in NNMi

Jump to solution

Hi All,

1> I want to create one custom topology view for our environment based on location.Please assist me on that.

2>Please also let me know how i can see MPLS and multicast view any NNMi.Do i need to configure anything like RAMS or iSPI for multicast?

Thanks

Suman

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to create custom topology view in NNMi

Jump to solution

Hello Suman,

To create a Node Group Map, open NNM console > Configuration > User Interface > Node Group Map Settings and click on New button in the menu of the right panel. In the new window you could select the Node Group and the connectivity level:

Click on "Save and Close" and reopen the NNM console - sign out/sign in.

After you sign in back - in Topology Maps you will find your new topology map for the selected Node Group.

Thanks and Regards,

Svetoslav

Micro Focus Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Suman,

First you must create Node Group containing all nodes or node groups in this location. After that you could configure a topology map for this node group. Follow the procedure “Configure the Node Group Maps” page 116, NNMi 9.23 patch 3 Deployment Reference Guide (http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00392939/binary/nnmi_deployment_9.23.pdf).

Related to your second question - do you have installed NNM iSPI for MPLS and NNM iSPi for Multicast?

Best Regards,

Svetoslav

Micro Focus Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Svetoslav,

Thanks for your reply.

We have node group view.But how can we create custom view based on our requirement like location wise.

No we don't have iSPI for MPLS and multicast.

Thanks

Suman

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Suman,

Could you provide more details where you want to apply your custom view based on location?

As example if you want to filter nodes based on location in Inventory - you could:

1. Create filter similar on the snapshot below:

2. Or create a node group with filter based on location and select the node group from the “Group Filter List”:

Thanks,

Svetoslav

Micro Focus Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Svetoslav,

Yes we have nodegroups based on location.Now my question is from where i can create topology maps with layer2 connection using those location based nodegroups.

Thanks

Suman

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Suman,

To create a Node Group Map, open NNM console > Configuration > User Interface > Node Group Map Settings and click on New button in the menu of the right panel. In the new window you could select the Node Group and the connectivity level:

Click on "Save and Close" and reopen the NNM console - sign out/sign in.

After you sign in back - in Topology Maps you will find your new topology map for the selected Node Group.

Thanks and Regards,

Svetoslav

Micro Focus Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi @SvIvanov 

You previous post to create topology view with in the same node group helped. 

Can you please help to understand as how the topology view can be created to created connection between multiple node groups.

Eg. we have 4 locations . each location devices are in respective node groups. How we can create a connection between these 4 node groups to show in topology view.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Abubakar,

You could create Node Groups with hierarchical structure, i.e. you could created 4 Node Groups per location. Any of them will include all Node Groups for this location as a Child Node Groups. In the same way you could created on Node Group that will contains the 4 Location Node Groups. 

At any level, i.e. for any Node Group, you could set a Node Group Map. 

To see the links between the groups in the "Node Group Connectivity" section you could enable in the map settings:

• Nodes to Node Groups
  • Node Groups to Node Groups 

More information for the Node Group Maps you could find here: https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Network_Node_Manager_i:10.50/Use/nmOperHelp/nmOprVwsMap0100NodeGrp

Best Regards,

Svetoslav

Micro Focus Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.