Highlighted
eBilger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to generate NNMi Events as NodeDown ?

Jump to solution

Dear all,

I am trying to simulate NNMi events (no snmp trap) such as NodeDown. I have hard about the JMX-Console

I am able to log in and access the EventInjectorTool. When I invoke the NodeDown injector method, nothing arrives in my NNMi Incident console (I have no filter)

In the parameter, I put my NNMi name's or ip (I have the nnm server in topology) but I still have nothing in the incident console

What am I doing wrong ? I am new with NNMi 9.x (I used to work with NNM 7.5)

Thank you for your help

BR

Eleonore

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ramesh9 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to generate NNMi Events as NodeDown ?

Jump to solution

No, you cannot generate NodeUp using Event Injector tool.

You need to manually close NodeDown event in NNM console, which will generate NodeUp event.

Please note you need to follow certain process to generate NodeUp event. By default NNM will not generate NodeUp event when you close NodeDown event.

Please check the forum of how to generate NodeUp event when NodeDown event is closed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

In the parameter field, did you gave NNM host name or IP ?

If yes, it is wrong. It should be the managed node host name or IP address that should be provided.

0 Likes
eBilger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Ramesh,

I've tried the NNMi IP or hostname as this is my managed node. I am working on a test platform and this is the only node having SNMP agent enabled. Is it possible to send NNMi event to the NNMi node ?

Thank you

Regards

Eleonore

0 Likes
eBilger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

FYI, I have added another node (our TeMIP test server) and I have activated the SNMP on it. I have tried to inject Node Down using IP address and hostname but nothing happens 😞

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Please attach a screenshot of how you are trying to inject NodeDown.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

The correct way is to,

1. Login to jmx-console ( http://fqdn/jmx-console )
2. Click on com.hp.ov.nnm.northbound.im
3. Click on EventInjector tool
4. In operator injectNodeDown, provide host name and click on Invoke.

0 Likes
eBilger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Ramesh,

Please find hereafter the way I proceed :

1- screenshot 1 : the node (i have added a new one) having snmp agent enabled : ltemiFS01ch-m2m. You can also see the NNMi node : ltemiNNM01ch-m2m

2- screehsnot 2: the injector tool I use to invoke the Node down and the hostname in parameter

3- screenshot 3 : the answer from the tool

4- the All Incident view in NNMi of the last hour

Now what I have noticed when loggin to the JMX console is that the console is displaying the IP address : 127.0.0.1 next to the NNMi hostname (screenshot 5) So I am wondering if the console is welled configured ?

The url to access the console is : http://10.4.238.118/jmx-console/

Thank you for your help

BR

Eleonore

0 Likes
eBilger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Ramesh,

Good news, i have been able to generate the NodeDown event. Actually, the event was disabled in the configuration manager (i don't know why)

Now I need to generate the Node Up, is it possible ? I am trying to reproduce the behavior of the Node down/up pairwise into test platform

Thank you again for your help

BR

Eleonore

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

No, you cannot generate NodeUp using Event Injector tool.

You need to manually close NodeDown event in NNM console, which will generate NodeUp event.

Please note you need to follow certain process to generate NodeUp event. By default NNM will not generate NodeUp event when you close NodeDown event.

Please check the forum of how to generate NodeUp event when NodeDown event is closed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
eBilger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Ok, thank you Ramesh !

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.