Highlighted
Visitor.

How to reduce the incident number for the same incident?

Hi all,

I am new to NNM (9.20)

Currently my client request not to receive incident for the same event

for example, CPU utilization is exceed 85% for 4 hour

Client just wanna get one incident in the case until the cpu resume to normal

I have read some article about suppression and deduplication

but seems it can not fulfil client's requirement. Also, I am confused with the ciaName and ciaValue

Could anyone give me some suggestions?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: How to reduce the incident number for the same incident?

Hi, Philip

NNMi poller generates just one incident if measured meric (CPU, Memory) value is above the theshold. You shoule not see duplicated alarms if value is still above the threshold.  What is your use case? Are CPU utilisation alams forwarded by managed nodes as SNMP traps?

Note: NNMi 9.20 is very old (released in 2012)  and not supported anymore.

regards
Gedas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to reduce the incident number for the same incident?

Hi,

you man use deduplication in your enviornment, to reduce and no of alerts, so if you have received any traps related to the incident, then take custom attribute values from it and apply it over deduplication setttings to match the condition.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.