Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to stop monitoring of managed node daily for specific time period or schedule

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have recently deployed HPE NNM version 10.21 at RHEL 7.0. We also added multiple nodes succesfully and able to made some groups.

Now for some nodes we want to stop or hold monitoring for some specific time or schedule on daily. The business case for this is that some of our regional office dont work 24x7 and therefore not maintaining power in the same way. So core devices placed in the region office needs to shutdown after office hours and on holidays.

Kindly advise how can I confgure this in NNM for selected devcies.

Thanks

Rizwan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

as NNMi needs the date for start and end as your screenshots shows, you must use the NMMi command nnmscheduledoutage.ovpl and an external scheduler (Windows Scheduled Tasks / UNIX cron). Define a recurring action in the scheduler and call a command like this in a script:

nnmscheduledoutage.ovpl create -node DE_Berlin_SmallOffice -start now -tz server -duration 12h -name "Daily Outage <current date>"

<current date> must be set in the script. You can also try out the other options like "update" to optimize your solution (see reference page of the command).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

You've chosen the best possible release for that!  

You can schedule an outage window for a node or a group of nodes very easily during which these nodes wont be polled or any traps that they might generate be included in any problem analysis.

Select any node or node group, right click chose Management mode and schedule an outage.  You'll see theres a calender option so you can start it today and have it end years in the future as well as a time period to start and stop.

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Andy,

Apology for late reply.  I  check with the option you said but at this we need to define static date as well, check below snapshot, our issue is we need to define customer bsuiness hour for certain groups so monitoring will be done on those hours only.

outage.PNG

Thanks

Rizwan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Then create a node group for each customer and/or customer location if the hours are going to be different. That way you can schedule an outage for each independantly.   Once you build your containment model for each location , select that node group , actions, schedule outage.

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your effort and help. Let me rephrase what I need here, I need to define buisness hours for certain lcoation, whose groups I have already created. But only option its given is define outage schedule which depends on specifc date and than time, however our case is different.

Hope I able to clarify.

Thanks

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

as NNMi needs the date for start and end as your screenshots shows, you must use the NMMi command nnmscheduledoutage.ovpl and an external scheduler (Windows Scheduled Tasks / UNIX cron). Define a recurring action in the scheduler and call a command like this in a script:

nnmscheduledoutage.ovpl create -node DE_Berlin_SmallOffice -start now -tz server -duration 12h -name "Daily Outage <current date>"

<current date> must be set in the script. You can also try out the other options like "update" to optimize your solution (see reference page of the command).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.