Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

IBM Cognos licensing

Jump to solution

We recently had a software audit from a 3rd party and they identified IBM Cognos and IBM Informix Enterprise on our NNMi infrastructure. We are running NNMi 2018.11 and there is no reference we can find that states that we can use the IBM apps under the NNMi license.

We did see references in the 10.40 version, however, the auditor is not accepting that as the version of the IBM items are newer.

Are we on the hook to now license these items with IBM?

Alan
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: IBM Cognos licensing

Jump to solution

Hi,

Got the answer from our desk.
MF acknowledges using third party components (Cognos11 & informix 12.7) in licensed NNMi software.
For a complete statement you have to get in touch with your MF contact.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Ron

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi,
Had the same question. According our licencedesk it should be covered in the NNM Ultimate license.
Regards
Ron
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hello Ron,

Is there more info available on this subject. We have a similar case and are asked by the customer to specifically give a statement on the IBM Informix 3th party software component shipped with NNMi and iSPI's

Thanks,

Peter

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hello Peter,

I do not have more info available. I asked them again about informix and they are investigating it, was there reply.

If I have a update I will share it.

Best Regards

Ron

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Got the answer from our desk.
MF acknowledges using third party components (Cognos11 & informix 12.7) in licensed NNMi software.
For a complete statement you have to get in touch with your MF contact.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Ron

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.