Alfonso Vasquez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IP Port issues

We recently changed our private IP scheme from 192.168.1.x network to a 10.x.x.x network, thus needing to change the ip from our openview server. We recieved an updated "license password" and proceeded with the change. Everything seem to registered fine until I started opeview NNM 6.1. Openview services "snmp collect and netmon" did not start due to them still trying to access a "port number" via our old IP number. Any Ideas ???? I hope I was able to explain our situation. Thanx in advance.

P.S. this thread has been moved from ITRC OV education & training Forum to Network Management / (OpenView-NNM) Support and News Forum - HP Forums Moderator

I don't know what I'm doing
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Anthony Gooneti Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: IP Port issues

Use lsof to determine port/application and try and work backwards
Minimum effort maximum output!
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Vladislav Demid Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Use the following steps to change the IP address of the MS:
a) Stop the openview environment.
b) Kill the snmpd agent.
c) Issue the command xnmsnmpconf -clearCache
d) Edit the two .auth files in $OV_CONF (ovwdb.auth, ovw.auth) and update the names of the local system in here
e) Edit the $OV_DB/openview/ovserver and $OV_
CONF/ov.conf files to update the system name and IP address.
f) Change the system's hostname and IP address (you may want to boot the system to ensure things come up properly)
0 Likes
Vladislav Demid Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Use the following steps to change the IP address of the MS:
a) Stop the openview environment.
b) Kill the snmpd agent and change trap destinetion in snmp.conf file.
c) Issue the command xnmsnmpconf -clearCache
d) Edit the two .auth files in $OV_CONF (ovwdb.auth, ovw.auth) and update the names of the local system in here
e) Edit the $OV_DB/openview/ovserver and $OV_
CONF/ov.conf files to update the system name and IP address.
f) Change the system's hostname and IP address (you may want to boot the system to ensure things come up properly)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.