New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

IP interface Monitoring

Jump to solution

I have some switches that I am SNMP polling. I noticed in the IP Addresses Tab the IP's are not being polled even though

their  interface is SNMP polled.  Is this normal. I'm trying to understand the differences of polling the interfaces and the IP's of the interfaces.  Can someone tell me why the interface IPs aren't being polled.

Thanks,

John

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jhon,

I’m glad I could help you. If the suggested solution works for you, I will appreciate if you mark the answer with “Accepted as Solution” or if you need further information please let us know.

Thank you so much for all your collaboration.

Best Regards,

Svetoslav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jhon,

Enable IP Address Fault Polling” is an option to enable IP address polling per Interface Group, Node group or by default. This monitoring option is useful for devices that do not support SNMP. By default, this feature is enabled for the "Non- SNMP Devices" Node Group. More details you can find in NNMi 9.23 Online Help for Administrators (http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00392942/binary/nnmi_help_administrators_9.23.zip).

Best regards,
Svetoslav

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Svetoslav,

Thanks for your quick response. I do have Enable IP Address Fault Polling enabled also Poll interfaces hosting IP addresses is enabled.

Regards,

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jhon,

Could you select from Inventiory/IP addresses and open one that is not polled. Open menu Actions /Configuration Details/ Monitoring Settings and check the group where this IP address has inherited the ICMP polling options from.

Thanks and regards,
Svetoslav

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hello

The results are:

Retrieved From Node Group Routers

I created another group to monitor these specific IBM devices. How do I remove these devices from the Routers Group.

I tried to do a remove from Group Membership and it bounced back not a member of.

Thanks

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jhon,

The node group “Routers” uses Device filter to select members as on the next screenshot:

All devices that are at least in one of these three categories are included in the Node group “Routers”.

You could exclude node as a member of this group if you include a similar filter in Additional Filters tab as in the next example:

This filter will exclude all nodes with sysOids such as .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.896 or .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1024. You could use any of the “Attributes” to exclude nodes, for example by hostnames or by management IP addresses. Not depending on the attribute you will use, I suggest you use “not in” list form.

Best Regards,

Svetoslav

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hello,

I added a filter to exclude the nodes from Routers and Switches group and created new Node group with following expression. When I look at the monitoring settings it goes to Default. Seems to not be picking up the new Group.

• AND
    • mgmtIPAddress = 129.124.38.118
    • mgmtIPAddress = 129.124.38.119
    • mgmtIPAddress = 129.124.38.120
    • mgmtIPAddress = 129.124.38.124
    • mgmtIPAddress = 129.124.38.125

Suggestions? - John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jhon,

User "OR" instead of "AND".

Regards,

Svetoslav

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Perfect Svetoslav! That worked thanks for all your help - John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hello John

How are you doing I hope everything is going well on  your end.In order to add additional material for this thread please check the following document that will provide you a lot of hints and best practices in order to deply NNMI.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Network-Node-Manager-Support/NNMI-Support-tip-Deploying-NNMI-9-20/td-p/6239281#.UnQbDxDRYd4

Hope this helps!

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution,If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jhon,

I’m glad I could help you. If the suggested solution works for you, I will appreciate if you mark the answer with “Accepted as Solution” or if you need further information please let us know.

Thank you so much for all your collaboration.

Best Regards,

Svetoslav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.