Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Absent Member.. Dwalk Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Installation error.....Problem extracting: OvObsDbConnectionTypes.xml

Jump to solution

I am installing NNMi 9.10.000 on a RHES Linux 5.7 VM.  During the installation I get the below error.  It resulting error comes right after I enter in the below information because I am connecting to an stand alone database server, also a VM.  Right after I enter the following:

(1) Hostname

(2) Instance

(3) Db User Account Name

(4) Password

I get the following.....

===============================================================================
Error extracting resources
--------------------------

Problem occurred while trying to extract the following resource:
/var/opt/OV//conf/obs/OvObsDbConnectionTypes.xml

Press enter to continue ...
PRESS <ENTER> TO CONTINUE:
===============================================================================
Installation error
------------------

Problem extracting: OvObsDbConnectionTypes.xml

HP Software installer will now abort.
PRESS <ENTER> TO CONTINUE:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: Installation error.....Problem extracting: OvObsDbConnectionTypes.xml

Jump to solution

The Installation error you are getting refers to a "Hardware or Software" problem.  If this is a Virtual Machine (VM), then increase or extend your hardware resources beyond the current build.  For example, if your virtual memory is currently 2 GBs, then increase the vitual memory to 4GBs and then run the install again.

Dwalk

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The Installation error you are getting refers to a "Hardware or Software" problem.  If this is a Virtual Machine (VM), then increase or extend your hardware resources beyond the current build.  For example, if your virtual memory is currently 2 GBs, then increase the vitual memory to 4GBs and then run the install again.

Dwalk

0 Likes
Established Member.. roboboy
Established Member..

Jump to solution

While installing I am also getting the same error , while checking I didnt found the path /var/opt , Does it also a problem or the path get create automatically  . 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.