Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Installing Perf iSPI along with NNMi on a server which is in a workgroup

I have installed NNMi 10.10 in a server which in a workgroup not in domain. now when i am trying toinstall iSPI on the same server and running the enableperfspi.ovpl its getting failed saying domain not found and NNMi and iSPI should be in same domain.

How to get this done when there is no domain available?

Thanks,

Abhishek

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Installing Perf iSPI along with NNMi on a server which is in a workgroup

Hello Abhishek,

It doesn't matter if the Windows server in a Workgroup or Domain. I'm sepaking about the Microsoft term, Workgroup and Domain!

NNMi and NPS must be in the same DNS domain (their FQDN suffix are identical)

Hope, this can help you

best regards

Erno

HPE SW Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Installing Perf iSPI along with NNMi on a server which is in a workgroup

Hello Petro,

thanks for your suggestion,

I would like to add here what exactly i have done in below steps:-

1. before installing NNMi(in a workgroup server) make an entry in windows host file which is similiar to

192.168.1.1        nnmi.example.com

2. Next, while installing the NNMi when setup asks for FQDN provide this same name nnmi.example.com there.

after installation access the nnmi console using the above FQDN.

3. now run nnmenableperfspi.ovpl on the same server and provide same FQDN as of NNMi and proceed further. after successfuly completing the execution of above ovpl you're good to install the perf spi on this server.

hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Abhishek

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.