Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Interface alias not showing

Hi All,

We have changed the interface alias names for few interfaces on the devices and polled the same devices, the changes of the interface is reffeclted in NNMI but the same is not showing in NPS when we want to pull the report for those interface, it is not showing under topology filter. I have performed the sync from actions menu as well.

Please help me to fix the issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Interface alias not showing

Hi,

Hi,

Did you change for more than 24 hours or have just change and got issue? And do you have any restart the serivce for your system after change the interface alias on NPS server?

Did you do the config poll again for the device that you change the interface alias?

Is this happen with all network device which has been changed interface alias or only happen with special device?

What's the NNMi version currently running?

Show me the detail the output of nmshotfix.ovpl -L command.

Regards,

Nga Do
SW Support Engineer | Network Node Manager I-Series

MicroFocus.com | @microfocus
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi Thanks for your reply

Services of nps not restarted.

We have changed interface alias only for device and two intefraces to test, and the changes we done it yesterday. 

Config poll and status poll both have been ran.

NNMI version is 10.30

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi,

are you 100% sure that these interfaces were available in NPS before i.e. performance of these interfces is monitored and , as a result, data exported to NPS?
What are Configuration Details -> Monitoring settings of the interface. Dou you see "Performance Polling Enabled=true" ?Could you  select an interface and run action "Open in Dashboad". Do  you see performance graphs?

regards,
Gedas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Thanks for your help, i have raised a support and increased the file size per bacth settings in config file.

stopETL.ovpl

Edit following file: %NPSDatadir%\rconfig\NNMPerformanceSPI.cfg

ETL_MaxMetricsFilesPerBatch             5

Save the file

startETL.ovpl

Now issue is fixed.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.