Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Inventory, Interface status and sound effects

Hi folks

I am curious as to why NNMi shows Node status but not Interface status when selected from the Inventory?

I've trolled the support forums for information on assigning audio alerts for incident notification in NNMi and didn't come up with a definitive solution, if it is even possible. Is there a method to assign audio alerts in NNMi? My NNMi management server is running on a VM so I doubt there is a local sound card available. Whatever solution proposed would need to be a remote alert activation.  My NNMi is currently configured to send email for incident notification. The environment is comprised of Windows Servers and desktops.

I'm running NNMi 10.20 under Windows Server 2012.

Thanks

-LB

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Inventory, Interface status and sound effects

Hello, 

Windows type systems fall into the "Microsoft Windows Systems" node group. Interfaces belonging to that node group are not monitored by default. You can either enable monitoring of those interfaces in the node group settings or create a specific interface group just for Windows systems. 

With regards to alerts, NNMi supports jython, executable and scripts. You can always build a script that NNMi executes whatever action you define everytime an incident occurs. Hope this helps.

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks for the reply.

I apologize for not being very specific in my original post. The components not showing status, that are mentioned, are from devices all over the network, not Windows based systems. I understand they are not monitored by NNMi "out of the box", I was just saying the OS that NNMi runs under is Windows 2012.

As for developing scripts for NNMi incident notification. I am aware of this capability as I have implemented email notification of various incidents. In a UNIX based environment remote command execution is relatively straight forward but my unfamiliarity with remote command execution in Windows is what prompted my inital question.

Thanks

-LB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Ah, I understand now, was a bit confused. With regards to the devices with no status, verify the node/interface group settings. Also check that SNMP communication is fully working between NNMi and those devices. Is the snmp agent responding for those devices?

I have no experience with remote execution on the Windows platform either, so I won't be of any help. 

Cheers

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.