Captain
Captain

Is there a way to force a custom polling ?

Hi,

I'm working on NNMi 9.23.004 on Linux systems and I'm facing a situation where I need to be able to force a custom polling on a specific instance when an event occurs.

My custom polling configuration works well but I couldn't find a way (a command line ?) to force an instance to be polled on demand.

If you know a way to perform this polling ...

Thanks in advance.

Best regard,

Fabrice

0 Likes
3 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Fabrice,

There is currently no way to force a custom poll to occur on demand.  Once you have set up the collection and policy and saved it, the collection will start to occur on the specified time interval in the collection.  

if you want to get the value of a collection when an incident occurs you could write an action script to collect the mib variables and perform the same calculation.   Another option would be to export the collections values to a csv file and then run an action script that accesses the csv data for the node/collection/time period to get the data points before and after the event time.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes

i was thinking to do action script on the incident configuration , so if the incident occurs , so it will trigger that script . 

The script might be Statuspoll for specific OID , for MIB variable . then you can save that in Seperated Text file . that would help i gues if i'm thinking in the right direction .

@Dave , Is that Right ?!

Regards
Mostafa Hassan
--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, kindly click the 'Kudos' button.
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

if you wanna test it, just modify the thresholds

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.