Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
HK22 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

License for NNM10i

Hello,

We are using NNM10i over RHEL platform. We have installed NNM iSPI Performance for MPLS, IP Multicast, Quality Assurance & Traffic Analysis. We have also installed licenses but not able to view the data of the same.

First we insatlled licenses on NNM server, no data was visible. Hence insatalled on NNM iSPI server still the same. Kindly help to resolve the issue.

Both the times we got below mentioned error:

HP Network Node Manager iSPI Points: license does not match host system;HP Network Node Manager iSPI for MPLS: license count exceeded: capacity=100: consumption=5,000;HP Network Node Manager iSPI for IP Multicast: license does not match host system;HP Network Node Manager iSPI Performance for Quality Assurance: license does not match host system;HP Network Node Manager iSPI Performance for Traffic Software: license does not match host system;HP Network Node Manager iSPI Performance for Traffic Software Collector Connections: license does not match host system

Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.. Thuanvd Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: License for NNM10i

HI HK22,

As the suggestion by warning message, please check again with licence team about the issued licence and its attached host and the granted number of nodes in license.

What type of license are you using? ( Premier, Ultimate?)

--------------HP Support--------------
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
HK22 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are into develpoment stage and not production stage. The licenses are not premier or ultimate.

The License class is 'Non-Production' and type is 'Permanent'.

Since its 10i, our licence team is not much aware of required licenses.

Kindly let me know if any other details are required.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Dear HK22,

We've seen plenty of questions from our customers / partners regarding NNMi Premium and NNMi Ultimate features. Kindly find below the main features for both versions:

NNMi Premium Edition includes: NNMi Advanced and the following functional areas (note: these products were previously sold separately): iSPI Performance for Metrics, iSPI Performance for Quality Assurance, the NNMi Developer Toolkit and IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Integration. NNMi Advanced, in addition to network topology discovery, fault and availability monitoring, and root cause analysis, also includes port aggregation monitoring, global network management, router redundancy monitoring, and IPv6 support.

NNMi Ultimate Edition includes: All of the capabilities of NNMi Premium Edition plus the following functional areas (note: these products were previously sold separately): iSPI Performance for Metrics, iSPI Performance for Quality Assurance, the NNMi Developer Toolkit, IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Integration, iSPI Network Engineering Toolset, iSPI for IP Telephony, iSPI for IP Multicast, iSPI for MPLS, iSPI Performance for Traffic and the Traffic Collector Connector.

Please note that at NNMi version 10 you could use whether:

• NNMi Premium and NNMi Ultimate license keys (new structure)
  • NNMi + iSPI points (old structure)

Licensing version now 10.0:

Previously, NNMi 8.x and 9.x versions had license keys with a "8.0" version.  A mandate from on high told us we must change the license version with every major release (we apparently didn't know this when we did NNMi 8.x to 9.0).

The existing (legacy) license keys on a current customer's NNMi system will no longer work in NNMi 10.00.  The customer must contact the Password Delivery Center (PDC) and do one of the following:

Exchange their legacy license keys for identical (same node count, same features) 10.0 equivalents.  The customer can do this for free.

Upgrade from their current legacy keys to Premium/Ultimate license keys.  This will cost additional money but will (likely) also enable additional features.  The PDC has some kind of exchange rate for legacy keys to Premium/Ultimate keys.

HTH and Best Regards,

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
HK22 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your revert. That was really very much informative.

But will we require Premier/Ultimate licences for develpoment also?

We are getting all node/interface up-down report but no data of performance.

Below are few licences details we have currently applied. Kindly suggest for the same

Product Name: HP Network Node Manager i
License Class: Non-production
Capacity: 100
Advanced Enabled Expiration Date: Permanent
License Type: Permanent
Consumption: 18
  Product Name: HP Network Node Manager i Developer
Product Status: Enabled
Expiration Date: Permanent
 Product Name: HP Network Node Manager iSPI Network Engineering Toolset
Capacity: 50
Consu
mption: 18
Product Name: HP Network Node Manager iSPI Points
License Class: Product
Consumption:
   Product Name: HP Network Node Manager iSPI Performance for Metrics
Capacity: 50
Consumption: 13 
   Product Name: HP Network Node Manager iSPI for MPLS
Consumption: 5,000
  Product Name: HP Network Node Manager iSPI for IP Multicast
Consumption: Not Monitored
 Product Name: HP Network Node Manager iSPI Performance for Quality Assurance
Consumption: 0
Product Name: HP Network Node Manager iSPI Performance for Traffic Software
Product Name: HP Network Node Manager iSPI Performance for Traffic Software Collector Connections
Capacity: 1
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

Actually I have no ideas about license on development environment.

You should contact license team or sales agent who supplied you the non-production license.

Maybe other Experts who had experience on it could help.

Need ideas from other, please ?

Regards,

0 Likes
HK22 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for the reply.

I am not able to view data for NNM iSPI performance for MPLS, Quality Assurance & Traffic Analysis.

Can you please help me to know pre-requisites for the same. Or any MIBs to be added more.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.