Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Al27 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Memory thresholds

Hi there,  I have count based threshold settings for monitoring memory on our devices, however our 6500's have several memory componants (DRAM, flash, NVRAM etc...).  At the moment, if any one of those trips the high threshold it raises an alarm.  Is there any way to set different thresholds for the different memory componants, or to exclude certain memory objects from moitoring?

Cheers, Al.  NNMi 9.2

0 Likes
1 Reply
Al27 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Memory thresholds

So, this is where I’ve got to.  I’m doing a custom poll to the memory pool OID.  It has 6 instances, and its reporting on all 6.  What I’m after doing is just filtering it out to only report on the .6 instance.

As I understand from the instructions, the display filter in the MIB expression is the way to filter it to one instance.

I have the memory pool used OID as the filter variable.

And I have 6 as the display filter, as I understand this relates to the “Display attribute” in the custom polled instances.  Its not doing what I want it to do.  Am I doing it correctly, or am I not understanding how it works?  Any suggestions very gratefully received.  

Cheers, Al.  

I would attach images, but our corporate firewall blocks it, so I've attached a word doc with the images.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.