Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Monitoring EIGRP neighbor status

Dear All

We need to monitor EIGRP neighbor status and we are receiving cEigrpNbrDownEvent trap when Neighbor is down.

But there is no trap when EIGRP neighbor status comes up and when checked with Cisco they had said that router will not send any trap when Neighbor is up.

Is there any possibility of checking whether Neighbor is up using any OID.

We are thinking of following options,

1.      Write cron script which checks whether there is any alarm when Neighbor is down.
        If it finds it down for particular router, it will check whether Neighbor is up and if it is up
        cron script will send Neighbor up trap and close Neighbor down alarm.

Based on above option how we can do following,

1.      How to check whether there is Neighbor down alarm for particular router.
2.     How to check whether Neighbor is up for that particular router.

Please help.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Monitoring EIGRP neighbor status

Shouldnt be difficult to do inside the application without calling external scripts.

Custom polling to extract the contents of 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.449 (EIGRP Neighbor Table)

build a comparison matrix on the results for cEigrpPeerInterface 

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello All,

We too have an eigrp monitoring requirement for neighbour state, I have created a custom poller to get the data for  and it s working but my query is what should be the comparison criteria to match for an incident to trigger.

Please help

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

can you please post the MIB expression that you are using in custom poller?

BR Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi 

I am trying to poll the mib variable .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.449.1.4.1.1.3 however it gives only the status of neighbour state, but if a neighbor ip is down it doesnot alert any incident.

Please let me know how I can create a mib expression to record any neighbor down.

Thanks & regards,

Ravi Kumar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.