Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Multiple NNMi servers to a single NPS

I may need to standup multiple NNM servers and collect data for the Metrics SPI.  Can multiple NNM servers be connectd to a single NPS server?

Humbly Carl

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
― Albert Einstein
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Multiple NNMi servers to a single NPS

Hi Carl,

It seems like your new post and my answer to your previous one have crossed each others 🙂

Yes, it is possible to achieve this starting from version 10.21 of NNMi/NPS.

The steps to deploy one single NPS in a GNM/RNM environment are actually described in the NNM iSPI Performance for Metrics 10.21 Deployment Guide.

If you look at the NNM iSPI Performance for Metrics Deployment Reference Guide  it has now a section called "Part VI: NPS in a Global Network Management Environment" which details the steps to configure one single NPS in a GNM/RNM environment:

When deploying this "single NPS in a GNM/RNM environment" scenario, the NPS console (Actions > Reporting-ReportMenu ) and the Performance Troubleshooting console can only be launched from the GNM, not from the RNMs.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

If yes, please make sure to mark the answer as Accepted Solution so that we could close the corresponding discussion thread and that our community members could go directly to it using the "Go to Solution" button.

Many Thanks

Marie-Noelle

Micro Focus Customer Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Marie,

I understand I can do it a GNM archtiecture but can I do it before the GNM arctitecture is in place?  Ie'; NNM1, NNM2, NNM3 going to NPS1.

Also can you reply to my response to your last post on

Re: Getting to a Global Network Architecture

Thanks

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
― Albert Einstein
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Marie-Noelle,

Is there a document that descibes server sizing requirements when using a distributed deployment? 

Thanks Carl

― Albert Einstein
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Carl,

All sizing recommendations for NNMi and the iSPIs can be found in the NNMi 10.21 NNMi Ultimate Support Matrix , in a particular section covering "Performance, Sizing and Other Recommendations" as shown below:

NNMi-10.21-Ultimate-Support-Matrix-sizing.JPG

The NPS distributed scenario is covered here as well, in a section called "System Requirements in a Distributed Deployment of NPS". However, this correponds to the scenario when the NPS itself is distributed in multiple systems.

The "single NPS in a GNM/RNM environment" specific sizing appears not to be described here, probably because it is assumed to be the sum of the NPS dedicated deployment requirement when there is a dedicated NPS associated with each Manager.

If your think the documentation is not clear enough for this particular scenario, feel free to send your feedback by referring to the "Send Documentation Feedback" section in the bottom of the manual and click on the "contact the documentation team" hyperlink here.

All the best

Marie-Noelle

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Carl,

If you are opting for the "one single NPS with the GNM/RNM environment" deployment instead of the "one NPS per Manager in a GNM/RNM environment" one, according to the "Part VI: NPS in a Global Network Management Environment" section of the NNM iSPI Performance for Metrics 10.21 Deployment Guide,  you need  first to configure the GNM/RNM environment.

This is the first step to complete:

1. Complete the GNM configuration between two NNMi servers. The details of this process are described in the HPE Network Node Manager i Software Deployment Reference

Hence I would recommend you to follow the exact steps described here and NOT to start configuring the regionals NNM1, NNM2, NNM3 to work with the same single NPS before completing the GNM configuration between the NNMi servers.

Please let me know if it clarify things or if you need any additional information.

In case this would clarify things, please do not forget to Accept any appropriate answer as Solution so that we could close the discussion thread.

All the best

Marie-Noelle

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.