Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

NNM 10.x Integration with OMI 10.60

Dear All

If I want to integrate NNM 10.x with OMI 10.60 for Topology and Event integration, should I use Operations Connector or should I use old BSM connector Integration.

In our environment we are not using UCMDB, so does Operations Connector support Topology integration to OMI.

Please advise.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: NNM 10.x Integration with OMI 10.60

Hello,

you have to use the Operations Connector v10 (OpsCx) for event integration. I would integrate NNMi topology to OMi (not to uCMDB) in order to get new NNMi nodes in just a few seconds in OMi (so the related CI will be resolved for the events). If you need the NNMi CIs in your uCMDB, you can then setup an integration between the RTSM in OMi and your uCMDB.

Topology integration does NOT USE the Operations Connector, but we have enhanced some customer environments to add the NNMi Node Groups (including relations to their nodes) from NNMi to OMi via the OpsCx (script exports nodes and node groups from NNMi, writes an XML file for an OpsCx Web Service policy and sends the XML file to that policy).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.