Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

NNM 2019.05 - Second incident gets deleted when a Pairwise rule applies

I will try to be the more clear I can:

I have configured a pairwise rule which has the same trap as the first and second trap configuration. I'm using some varbinds to differentiate when is "error" and when is "resolved", I'm also using the payloader filter in both to make sure they are filtered by a varbind which identifies if its a fault or recovery. As matching criteria I'm using a varbind which has the name of the instance and a second about it's ID. 

* Option Delete When Canceled is not checked. *

That configuration is working very well, the rule applies correctly and both incidents gets closed when the second incident it's received. The problem occurs when after 3-5 minutes, the second or parent incident get deleted apparently for no reason from the NNMi database.

I have tested in a different NNM version on my lab and applied the exactle configuration and there is working as the customer intentions: Keeping both incidents.

Some idea where I can find more information? maybe a log? a suggestion?

Thanks in advance team.

Regards!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Update:

I have made some test on my lab and realized that if I use a custom node attribute on any Enrichment entry it does not work as expect. I tried removing that attribute and retry and it worked out as expected.

Anyone knows if there is any limitation using custom attributes + pairwise rules?

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.