Highlighted
New Member.

NNM 8.1 Install - PMD Fails to Start - HP-UX 11 v3

/opt/OV/bin#ovstatus -c
Name PID State Last Message(s)
OVsPMD 23259 RUNNING -
nmsdbmgr 23260 RUNNING Database available.
pmd - NOT_RUNNING -
ovjboss 23276 RUNNING Initialization complete.

After completing the install of NNMi 8.1 from the DVD media and completing an OVSTART -V the software does not come up via the web console (gives a JBossWeb/2.0.0.GA_CP05 error). I run an ovstatus -c check (shown above) and pmd does not come up.

Name PID State Last Message(s)
OVsPMD 23259 RUNNING -
nmsdbmgr 23260 RUNNING Database available.
pmd 23521 RUNNING Initialization complete.
ovjboss 23276 RUNNING Initialization complete.

If I run ovstart pmd the process shows a running state (shown above) but I'm still not able to view the web console - same JBossWeb/2.0.0.GA_CP05 error.

Any ideas? Where should I look?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: NNM 8.1 Install - PMD Fails to Start - HP-UX 11 v3

Hi,

Did you follow the applied prerequisites for NNM 8.1?

I've installed it a dozen times 6 moths ago and it only fails when something that was required was missed.

Can you summarise your installation steps?

Jov
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also can you post the installation log. Its either under /tmp or /var/tmp?

Jov
New Member.

After going back through the prerequisites on the ISO, I found a single PHKL patch that was missed on the requirements given to the system builder.

I'm going to go back and patch the OS and attempt an uninstall & reinstall.

I will respond with my findings and whether or not this resolves my issue or not.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

After the PHKL patch (and subsequent required patches before that patch would go in) the reinstall did work.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Prerequisites check worked. closing.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.