Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NNM 9i installation error

Dear All,

I have been facing the problem while installing NNM 9i on Red Hat Linux machine ver 5.3 x86_64.

The installation was almost done but got the following error during post installation procedure.

"There was a failure with this installation action for HP Network Node Manager 9.00.000. Postinstall configuration has returned a non - zero error code. HP Network Node Manager will not be installed."

In the details section, I got the following information.

"
NNM Postinstall configuration
Finalize action for com.hp.ov.installer.ovapp.core.ActionRunner@174be7
NNM Postinstall configuration failed"

Please help me on this to resolve the problem and let me know what would be the reason behind this failure in postinstallation procedure.

Best Regards,
Ranga
0 Likes
4 Replies
Captain
Captain

Hi,

I encounter the same problem, did you find a solution for this post-install error ?

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Hi again,

I found a solution ... our problem was due to a missing library (libXi).

This one was added and everything is fine now.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

I have the same problem but I installed in Windows x64 R2 Enterprise.

Any idea?

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Hi Ranqanath M,

I've seen this error once and thats how i solved it:

depends on your DB i guess you are using Oracle DB, so make sure the Tablespace isnt corrupted

and that the listener is up and running.

after that try to installed "libXtst.so.6" (which is "yum" in linux) after these steps have been covered

try to reinstalled it all over again.

hope this will help you solve your problem 🙂 (if you have no idea what im talking about, show my replay to a linux guy and he should know what im talking about)

Best of luck,

Slyfer.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.