Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

NNMi 10.10 Snmp v3 walk isssue

Hello Experts,

When i do a snmp walk on a v3 node from NNMi 10.10 i am getting "No varbinds returned in reposne to snmpv3 discovery request" but when i do the same snmp v3 walk from 9.x  its reposnding fine.

Any idea why this is the case ?

given below is the command i used

nnmsnmpwalk.ovpl -v 3 -a MD5 -A <dsss> -x DES -X <ddd> -v3u <user> <ip of node>

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: NNMi 10.10 Snmp v3 walk isssue

Tanish.

This might happen if private key in database does not correctly decrypt SNMPv3 values. Try to recreate node entry in Configuration --> Communication confoiguration. I would suggest to create Specific Node Settings with SNMPv3 for one node and test the outcome. If that works, then you need to recreate entries for all SNMPv3 nodes, in global or Regional scales as well.

Mikayel Grigoryan
HPE Software

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: NNMi 10.10 Snmp v3 walk isssue

Hi

Did you ever solve this?

Since upgrading from 10.0 to 10.10 we experience the exact same problem.

BR,
Frank Mortensen
Managon AB

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.