Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

NNMi 10.3 - debugSupport=1 does not work

Hello all,

I have installed NNMi 10.3 with Patch 2 and debugSupport=1 does not work anymore in the URL.

Can someone confirm this and perhaps provide a new hack for this?

Thanks and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: NNMi 10.3 - debugSupport=1 does not work

Hello Allessandro,

The URLs changed around the 10 timeframe and the old link no longer works. have you tred using the following URL:

https://<nnmi>/nnm/main?debugSupport=1

Regards,

Steven Duran.
Customer Support Engineer.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

this does not work for 10.30 Patch 2. Even the setting com.hp.nnm.ui.supportMenus=true in

%NnmDataDIr%\shared\nnm\conf\props\nms-support.properties has no effect (no menu item shown in UI).

The customer has used the Node Group Hierarchie view from the menu item to check his configuration tasks.

Any workaround for that?

Thanks and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Allessandro,

I just checked out my 10.30 system having install patch 2 and I seem to be seeing the same issue as you are documenting here.   I will go ahead and log a defect on this and see if we can get a fix.  I'll also post the CR number here when I have it.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello Dave,

thanks a lot for the information.

Best regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Allessandro,

It would appear this "Support" workspace has been deprecated for various reasons.  The CR number requesting to investigate if it would be possible to bring it back in some form is QCCR1B156375.  However for now I am afraid the feature has gone.   This is one of the problems of finding and using "unsupported" features in a product.  While this has been very useful, there was a need to deprecate it.  I have internally escalated the issue and we will be investigating getting some form of it back.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Dave,

Good to know. Was searching around on this topic for NNMi 10.40. Too bad, there seems absolutely no update on QCCR1B156375. Is there any hope ?

Have a great day. Thanks and Greets,

Stefan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Stefan,

Unfortunately we can't comment on the future, however while I have not seen anything concrete there have been a few cases logged in respect of this missing functionality.   So it still has visibility.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi,

we really missed a few nice features of debugSupport like "Pofile Histogram", "Highly connected nodes" , "Mismatched Connections" . I think it can be implemented as regular NNMi features.
By the way missed 'Node Group Hierarchy" view is available now as a script  ShowGroups.ovpl (available from support).

best regards,
Gedas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.