Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

NNMi 10 Scheduled outage

Hi Experts,

NNMi version:10.00

After schedule outage settings do we need to change the node management mode to "Out of Service"

If we set the node management mode "out of service" once the outage time gets completed  node management mode automatically gets changed to "Managed" Please advice ?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: NNMi 10 Scheduled outage

Abhishek,

No you don't need to change the management mode.  Once you have configured the outage schedule NNMi will change the mode when the period starts and will set it back once it ends.    

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Dave,

Is there any way to modify and/or cancel an ongoing scheduled outage ?

All I get is:

Trying deleting: The specified outage is currently in progress and cannot be changed
Trying modifying: The specified outage is in state 'In-Progress' and cannot be modified

Greets,

Stefan

Quote DY: The trick to solving this, is to binary chop the file to find the area of the error - then to eyeball it and use the other table definitions in the file to figure out the error 😉

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Stefan,

I ran a few tests on the nnmscheduledoutage.ovpl command and while I found that I could extend an active outage I could not make the changes you mentioned.   I have therefore opened a Change Request to request the following:

1. It should be able to add a node to an active outage
  2. It should be possible to cancel or delete an active outage
  3. It should be possible to see an active outage in the -list output without needing to specify it by name

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Thanks a lot

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hello Guys,

I was seeing this post, was there a change implemented on NNMi to resolve this situation after almost 3 years?

I'm having the same difficulty Stefan had.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi John,

The CR number of the request I logged is QCCR1B139670.  At this time it has been deffered.  What I would suggest you do is to open a new Enhancement Request for these features and refer to the existing request.  The more requests we have for particular features the more likely it is they might get a higher priority.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.