Highlighted
Member.

NNMi 10 rearm event

Jump to solution

Hello,

We are running NNMi 10.50 and I have configured it to generate an event, when a specific threshold is breached. How can another event be generated when the measured value returns to the high rearm value?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: NNMi 10 rearm event

Jump to solution

Hi Kat,

Correct.  You will get an incident for each instance as they each independently go through the threshold value.   When they come back down below the rearm value the incident will be closed.  If you want to be notified when the incident is closed then you need to configure an "Action" on the incident and set the lifecycle state to be "Closed".  This will then run the script when the incident moves from Registered or In Progress to Closed.   NNMi tends not to issue incidents when events stop or close, it simply closes the incident that was opened when the event was created.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Kat,

If you have configured a high threshold value and a re arm value then the way it works is that once the collected value is higher than the threshold it will trigger the appropriate incident ( either collection based or instance based depending on what you configured ).   While the collected value remains above the rearm value, no further alerts will be triggered.  Once the collected value drops below the rearm value then the threshold is "re-armed" and an incident wil be triggered when the collected value is once more above the threshold value.

Please note, that if you select "Custom Node Collection" then the threshold incident is generated when the first instance collected is above the value, and no further incident is generated until "All" the instances are below the re arm value.   So if Instance 1 triggers the threshold, the an incident is generated.  If instance 2 is then above the threshold, no incident is generated.  If instance 1 is below the rearm and instance 2 is still above, nothing happens.  Not until instance 2 is below the rearm is the collection rearmed.    If you want an incident per instance breaking the threshold then you need to select "Customer Instance Collection".  Then the incidents are based on a per collection/node/instance basis.

Hope this helps

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the answer.

I have configured "Custom Instance Collection" so as I understand the event will be generated when any instance is above the threshold. Apparently the rearm time is equivalent to the time the incident was closed, so if I need to be notified via e-mail or any other means of the incident closing I need to create an event for the closure, correct?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Kat,

Correct.  You will get an incident for each instance as they each independently go through the threshold value.   When they come back down below the rearm value the incident will be closed.  If you want to be notified when the incident is closed then you need to configure an "Action" on the incident and set the lifecycle state to be "Closed".  This will then run the script when the incident moves from Registered or In Progress to Closed.   NNMi tends not to issue incidents when events stop or close, it simply closes the incident that was opened when the event was created.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.