Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

NNMi 10 - updating the ip address of a node and map

Hi Team,

Could anyone of you guide for following two queries.

1. I want to update the ip addresses of some set of nodes manually. what steps are to followed please share

2. i had deleted one node and added new node, now the map is showing the empty missing node, how do i update the map with newly added node.

Environment -  HPE NNMi 10.00.701 hosted on Windows 2008 Server.

Thanks and Regards

Hemant Vaswani

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: NNMi 10 - updating the ip address of a node and map

Hello Hemant

Thanks for posting

If you have enable the smp address ediscovery checkbox NNM will update the node automatically. Also you can play with the management address selection to update the node automatically in the next polling interval.

If you want to do it manually there is no a way to perform this action, what you can do is delete the node from seed and inventory then seed the new IP of the node to dicover it.

For the map, you need to make sure that this node has the rigth conectivity with the rest of the nodes, also they should be in the same tenant.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Sorry for my delayed response, seems i had missed to read the response notification in my email for this forum responses.

Could you please guide where do we find the option of enabling the "SNMP address discovery" chekcbox.

Appreciate if you colud also guide for finding out the option of slecting auto update of management addresses

THanks and Regards

Hemant Vaswani

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Communication Configuration, the checkbox is the first entry on the top left hand side.

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.