Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
134 views

NNMi 10.x SOAP WS - constraints issue

Hi

I am having issues trying to iterate over topology from NNMi through the provided soap web service. 

 

Neither of the below requests gives expected result (endpoint-uri: /NodeBeanService/NodeBean):

 

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:node="http://node.sdk.nms.ov.hp.com/">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <node:getNodes>
         <arg0>
         
		<constraint>
			<name>offset</name>
			<value>500</value>
               </constraint>

               <constraint>
			<name>maxObjects</name>
			<value>500</value>
               </constraint>
         
         </arg0>
      </node:getNodes>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>


 

I also tried a single constraint:

 

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:node="http://node.sdk.nms.ov.hp.com/">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <node:getNodes>
         <arg0>

               <constraint>
			<name>maxObjects</name>
			<value>500</value>
               </constraint>
         
         </arg0>
      </node:getNodes>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>


 

 

And alot of different variations of the above but I can not get it to filter properly. I always get the same 1000 object response. 

 

Has anyone noticed anything similar? Am I formatting the request wrong?

 

BR Ludvig Persson

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello  Ludigpersson

Thanks for posting

Regarding your concern. I just wanted to let you know, that we have reached more resources on this.

Our collaboration team is aware of this., as soon as possible, we will provide your answer.

Thanks and regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello Ludvig Persson,

I took a look at your issue and understand the problem.

Please use following soap web service getNodes code:

=========================================

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:node="http://node.sdk.nms.ov.hp.com/">
<soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
<node:getNodes>
<arg0 xsi:type="ns3:expression" xmlns:ns3="http://filter.sdk.nms.ov.hp.com/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<operator>AND</operator>

<subFilters xsi:type="ns3:constraint">
<name>maxObjects</name><value>4</value>

</subFilters>
<subFilters xsi:type="ns3:constraint">
<name>offset</name>
<value>3</value>
</subFilters>

</arg0>
</node:getNodes>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

========================================= 

 

I had tested this code and it is working fine in my testing mahcine.

It used offset = 3 and maxObjects =  4. So it will get back with you totally 4 nodes for them details(where my nnmi had 10 managed nodes in total)..

You can change it accordingly with offset = 400 and maxObjects =  500 in your code. You will get expected 500 nodes instead of 1000 objects response.

Hope this can help.

 

Chen Pan

HP Support

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Ludvig Persson,

Better format as below for easy reading:

==============================================

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:node="http://node.sdk.nms.ov.hp.com/">
<soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
      <node:getNodes>
       <arg0 xsi:type="ns3:expression" xmlns:ns3="http://filter.sdk.nms.ov.hp.com/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
         <operator>AND</operator>

        <subFilters xsi:type="ns3:constraint">
           <name>maxObjects</name><value>4</value>
        </subFilters>
        <subFilters xsi:type="ns3:constraint">
           <name>offset</name>
           <value>3</value>
       </subFilters>
     </arg0>
  </node:getNodes>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

==============================================

FYI. And it is working fine on my testing machine. You can take a reference.

Many thanks.

Chen Pan

HP Support

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.