Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

NNMi 8.13 Export of nodegroups and nodes into OMW?

Jump to solution
How can I export the nodegroup.xml and discoseed.xml files into OMW ?

I want all of my NNMi devices to be added to OMW and the groups.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Points given.

Thanks.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..
hi,

you can use the following command to add an nnmi device to the OMW in a specific node group.

"call ovownodeutil.cmd -add_nodewithtype -node_name -ostype SNMP -osversion V1 -systemtype Other -osbits 32 -agent_bin_format n/a -caption -comm_path -group_id {}"

for me i dumped the NNMi devices in a file and wrote the devices in the above format to add them to the OMW

wish this help

thanks
Mohamed

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor..
hi,

you can use the following command to add an nnmi device to the OMW in a specific node group.

"call ovownodeutil.cmd -add_nodewithtype -node_name -ostype SNMP -osversion V1 -systemtype Other -osbits 32 -agent_bin_format n/a -caption -comm_path -group_id {}"

for me i dumped the NNMi devices in a file and wrote the devices in the above format to add them to the OMW

wish this help

thanks
Mohamed

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Moh,

How can I perform this command and specify a filename to load the network devices into OMW?

Any info appreciated.

Points given.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..
hi

actually i used this command per device , you can try to use the help of the OMW to make sure of this ( see ovownodeutil.cmd help page)

thanks
Mohamed
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Hello,

I have written two Perl scripts. One is on the NNMi server and calls nnmtwiddle.ovpl (support dir) to dump all nodes of a given set of Node Groups. It generates a CSV style output. This script is called from my second script, which runs on the OMW server (it is called by a Scheduled Task Polocy once a day). The generate list from the NNMi script is used in the script on the OMW server which then adds the node hierarchie and nodes to OMW (using the script the other posts stated).

I hope this gives you an idea how to automatically transfer NNMi nodes to OMW. This works great if both servers use the same name resolution and the nodes are defined in DNS (which is always a good idea).

HTH

Allessandro
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Alahandro,

Can you provide me a copy of your scripts to use in my environment?

Greatly appreciated.

Points given.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Hello,

as these scriptes are developed for a customer I can not share them, sorry.

Kind regards

Allessandro
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.