Established Member.. Ricardo Jorge
Established Member..

NNMi 9.1 Enterasys N7 per CPU utilization

Ricardo Jorge

During a PoC in a customer in Brazil I've found a problem reading CPU utilization from an Enterasys N7 switch.

The environment is :

1 - Entrasys N7 switch firmware 7.21

2 - NNMi 9.10 with iSPI for Performance  9.10 Windows 2008 R2 Standard.

The problem is related to the index used to read each CPU utilization ( there are 6 in the chassi ). Customer has 8 N7 chassis.

The MIB excerpt is as follow :

EtsysResourceCpuEntry ::=
     SEQUENCE {
         etsysResourceCpuId             Unsigned32,
         etsysResourceCpuLoad5sec       ResourceUtilization,
         etsysResourceCpuLoad1min       ResourceUtilization,
         etsysResourceCpuLoad5min       ResourceUtilization
     }

Object "etsysResourceCpuId" is *not* available, I mean NNMi can not access it. This prevents me to access each CPU utilization information. I can read CPU utilization from all 6 CPUs.

Searching the Internet I've found that people running Open Source tools use the full OID to access each CPU information. One OID for each CPU.

Question :

1 - Is it possible to configure NNMi 9.1 to read the full OID instead of create an index ( use etsysResourceCpuId ) to select each CPU ?

2 - Anyone with NNMi + Enterasys N7 experience ? Specially collecting CPU, Memory and Disk usage from Enterasys N7 ?

Thank you for your atention. Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.