Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

NNMi 9.23.005 creating/deleting duplicate nodes

Jump to solution

Hello,

NNMi 9.23.005 on Linux

NNMi is creating duplicate nodes for 4 new Nexus nodes I've recently added/discovered successfully.
I've had an issue with duplicate nodes in the past, so I used the 'nnmdiscotech.ovpl -resolveDup' command, and NNMi deletes one of each pair of duplicates.
However, when the next config poll for these nodes takes place, NNMi creates the duplicates again.
Here is an example from the nnm-trace.log for one of them (coresite-core-n9508-a) (I did not run the discotech command to cause the deletion mentioned in this log)
Where can I begin to troubleshoot this issue?
Thanks

2017-08-30 08:10:54.667 INFO  [com.hp.ov.nms.disco.analyzer.bn.NodeResolutionExecutor] (pool-1-thread-13) Deleting a duplicated node coresite-core-n9508-a.ladwp.com
2017-08-30 08:10:56.862 INFO  [com.hp.ov.nms.disco.analyzer.bn.NodeResolutionCenter] (pool-1-thread-2) NOTE: Attempt to redirect to different node  Source=coresite-core-n9508-a.ladwp.com id=86139960646 Name=coresite-core-n9508-a.ladwp.com MgmtAddr=10.0.19.15 reason=MAC is fully contained failed because that node is already in active discovery.
2017-08-30 08:10:56.925 INFO  [com.hp.ov.nms.disco.analyzer.nc.SnmpProfiler] (pool-1-thread-28) SNMP failed to profile node uuid=c7d5b635-4e0d-4a1d-b25c-8f9a27622827, address=null, name=coresite-core-n9508-a.ladwp.com, profiled=false, callback=NodeReprofile: perhaps node was deleted
2017-08-30 08:10:56.928 INFO  [com.hp.ov.nms.disco.analyzer.bn.BasicNodeEntryPoint] (pool-1-thread-28) Ends discovery for redirected node coresite-core-n9508-a.ladwp.com. Inject it for a quick rediscovery.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: NNMi 9.23.005 creating/deleting duplicate nodes

Jump to solution

Hi rpd,

Nexus devices have a bit of a history of duplication and I can see a couple of service requests for them in respect of duplicate nodes on the later versions of the product which have been resolved in patches.

Since NNMi 9.2x is out of full support I would recommend upgrading NNMi to one of the 10.x versions ( 10.20 or 10.30 ) and apply the latest patch.  If there is still a problem then we should open a case to investigate the issue and provide you a fix.  The problem with NNMi 9.2x is that, being out of support, we can't offer you any code changes and this sort of problem is not normaly resolvable by configuration changes and typically requires a code change.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi rpd,

Nexus devices have a bit of a history of duplication and I can see a couple of service requests for them in respect of duplicate nodes on the later versions of the product which have been resolved in patches.

Since NNMi 9.2x is out of full support I would recommend upgrading NNMi to one of the 10.x versions ( 10.20 or 10.30 ) and apply the latest patch.  If there is still a problem then we should open a case to investigate the issue and provide you a fix.  The problem with NNMi 9.2x is that, being out of support, we can't offer you any code changes and this sort of problem is not normaly resolvable by configuration changes and typically requires a code change.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Dave,
Thank you for answering my question.
We do have support for the newer version of NNMi, and do intend to upgrade after we resolve some issues with our migration to a new data center.
Your responswe will help us move things along.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.