Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
goncalo_mir
Established Member.

NNMi API - SNMP query using a community string with indexing for VLAN MIB

I'm trying to obtain the dot1dTpFdbPort MIB for a specific VLAN. In order to do it I need to poll the device using <community@vlan_id> has the community. 

I've tried to do this using snmpwalk and It worked, but when I try to do it using the NNMi API and by changing the v2ReadCommunityString field to <community@vlan_id> it doesn't...

The response from the API call doesn't contain any value associated with an OID and the community string that NNM says it used is just the community without the VLAN indexing.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
JPBM3 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: NNMi API - SNMP query using a community string with indexing for VLAN MIB

Hello Goncalo,

I will suggest to open a support ticket to further investigate this issue.

Best regards,

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.