Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Greg Hubbard
Visitor.

NNMi API access to node information

I have a need to retrieve the following information from NNMi:

* Device name

* Device IP

* Tenant

* Tenant description

If you go into the NNMi GUI and look at "nodes" under "inventory" you can get the first three bits of information as adjacent columns in the output.  However, I cannot find a way to duplicate this using the SOAP API, or even with nnmtopodump.  The SOAP API does not include the "management IP" in the returned information for the device list, and it is not clear where this can be retrieved.

The nnmtopodump utility will return the device name and the management IP, but it does not return any tenant association.  The only way I've found to get the tenant information is to look up the security information for each node at a time using the nnmsecurity utility, and this is quite slow.

I will probably open up a support case, but before I do, I wondered if anyone else has any experience in using command line utilities or API calls to duplicate the information that you can get by exporting node inventory information from the Web interface?

Greg Hubbard

Perspecta

0 Likes
1 Reply
JPBM3 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: NNMi API access to node information

Good day Greg,

Unfortunately we do not have the ability to get those values in one single command, therefore I will suggest for something that is not present in NNMi to go ahead and open an "Idea Exchange".

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/km/KM03130676

Please do let me know any comments that you might have regarding my suggestion.

All the best,

José Pablo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.