Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

NNMi DB Tables

Hi Team, 

We are looking We have a scenario where today all the Traps from NNMi are getting escalated to the Network Team.

We have different kinds of network devices and we have the requirement to seperate the alerts based on the teams.

I am looking into the NMS_NODE and NMS_INCIDENTS table in NNMi database for creating a logic and seperating the alerts. 

For example if an alert comes for a group of nodes named A, B, C, D. then alert should go to Team 1.

If an alert comes for a group of nodes named Z, X, R, T then alert should go to Team 2.

Need your assistance to write a logic based on the above requirement to divert the traps.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: NNMi DB Tables

Hello praful,

I assume, that you use an action script for alerting.

I would then use the node groups in NNMi to group the devices for the teams. After that, you have different options:

1. Inside of NNMi: Use the incident configuration form for each needed incident and add all node groups in the node group tab. In each node group configuration you can modifiy the action call to include a new parameter for the team which you use in your script for adressing.

2. You use a single action script for all needed incidents, where you provide some parameters like node name, severity, msg, .... The action script then contains a logic for mapping the node groups to receipients (node group must be derived from NNMi - I use nnmtwiddle.ovpl to dump the node groups for the affected node name).

I prefer idea 2, but I have a customer which enriches the messages in NNMi and therefore we use idea 1.

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

The answer/solution to you question relies on what you mean by "goes to".  

What you can do is to create two node groups, one containing A,B,C,D  the other Z,X,R,T  you can then configure the traps in question and under the "Node Settings" tab create one entry for the first node group, another for the second.  In each configuration you can then "Assign To" the trap to an operator name for each team.

If this is too restrictive on user name, then you could implement security groups and put one set of nodes in one security group, the other into another security group and then assign the groups to the respective operators.  A little more complicated but partly why security groups were created - in order to diffierentiate management of groups of nodes by certain operators.

Hope this gives some ideas.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Dave,

that is more or less idea 1 in my post and as often we have the same idea ;-).

praful, if you have many incidents and many teams, then you have to configure and maintain a lot of configuration in NNMi. For that I prefer idea 2 in such an environment.

BR Allessandro

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.