Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

NNMi Incident Actions fails

NNMi Incident Actions Log

I’m receiving the error below on InterfaceDown incident actions. Here is the action

narundiagnostic.ovpl -ip $managementAddress -d NA_INTERFACES -incident $id

If I run the Action from a CLI with listed variable using the
directory /var/opt/OV/shared/nnm/actions/ the action appears to work.

I have 4 questions:
Am I testing this action correctly?
How can I trouble shoot this?
How does the script know where the file is located
Is there environment variable that sets the directory?

Command: "narundiagnostic.ovpl" "-ip" "10.96.54.2" "-d" "NA_INTERFACES" "-incident" "38654783944"
Incident Name: InterfaceDown
Incident UUID: 7866dac6-7455-456f-9a3a-d7299e2529bb
Command Type: ScriptOrExecutable
Lifecycle state: com.hp.nms.incident.lifecycle.Registered
Exit Code: 127
Standard Output:
Standard Error: /bin/sh: narundiagnostic.ovpl: command not found

Execution Status: Finished execution
“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
― Albert Einstein
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor..
Frequent Visitor..

Re: NNMi Incident Actions fails

It seems that OS is trying to find script in defined PATH'es. Use the absolute path to your action scripts instead. Hopefully this helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

I am getting this error While running the script from NNMi Server

D:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\shared\nnm\actions>narundiagnostic.ovpl -ip ***.**.**.** -d Show_Interface -incident 1e8****-8ae4-4c30-af85-570ff91***66
MBean com.hp.ov.nnm.na.im:mbean=NnmNaModule operation/attribute runDiagnosticAnd
UpdateIncident threw an exception. Exception message : null : java.lang.NullPoin
terException

Can some one help with the options to run the script?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello Dhruba_WIP,

this script works only if NA (Network Automation) and NNMi are integrated. Do you have integrated the products?

As the scripts in the action directory are intended to be used by incident actions, you will find the parameters there (currently I have no NNMi system here to check this or to have a look to the script). There is a command to export the incident configuration to a file. There you can search for the script and its parameters.

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.