Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

NNMi Instalation on RedHat, DB connection errors to remote Oracle

Good day everyone,

I'm hoping the wealth of knowledge here can get me out a situation where the NNMi install fails with DB connection errors. Vital statistics are:

NNMI 10.20

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8 (Santiago)

Oracle 12c R1 (12.1.0.x)

The installer CAN connect to the DB in the first instance, as using SQL+ to query the DB shows that the tablespaces have been created. However, it then loses the connection and throws an error saying it cannot connect. Weird and extremely annying as my project is currently blocked.

Can you guys give me a list of "gotchas" that may cause this behaviour as we are out of ideas!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.