Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

NNMi Inventory, Interface status and sound effects

Hi folks

I am curious as to why NNMi shows Node status but not Interface status when selected from the Inventory?

I've trolled the support forums for information on assigning audio alerts for incident notification in NNMi and didn't come up with a definitive solution, if it is even possible. Is there a method to assign audio alerts in NNMi? My NNMi management server is running on a VM so I doubt there is a local sound card available. Whatever solution proposed would need to be a remote alert activation.  My NNMi is currently configured to send email for incident notification. The environment is comprised of Windows Servers and desktops.

I'm running NNMi 10.20 under Windows Server 2012.

Thanks

-LB

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: NNMi Inventory, Interface status and sound effects

Hi Labuss,

Regarding the first part opf your question, the Interface Inventory View should show the Interfaces status in the same way as the Node Inventory View shows the Nodes status. Depending on the way the status field is being storted,  you may see "No Status" displayed on the top, but just clicking again on the Status field to get it sorted in the other sense should display the interfaces for which the status could be computed on the top.

Regarding the 2d part of your question there is no audio alert feature available out-of the-box with NNMi, but there should be a mean to configure this using automatic actions.

There has been a few example provided in the past in the forum. They may be related to some previous previous version of NNMi, hence some adjustements may be required but you may want to have a look at them anywy since they could provide you some clues on how this could be achieved.

/t5/Network-Management-OpenView-NNM/Send-Alert-by-Sound/td-p/3858159

/t5/Network-Management-OpenView-NNM/NNM-audible-alarm-email-script/td-p/2435972

All the best

Marie-Noelle

Micro Focus Customer Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.