Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

NNMi OM Integration

Hello,

From experience, can anyone tell me the best method of integration between NNMi and OM, web services or OM agent?

From my experience, the web services seems to have some kind of limitations. We notice sometimes that incidents are not being forwarded so we disable and re-enable the integration. On a couple of occasions we had to restart NNMi.

Thanx

Tags (2)
0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi ,

Thank you for responding, Could you please let us know where to check the same.....

Thanks in Advance.....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I have checked it, and the configuration is fine...it says "If matched, do action(send it to ack browser.)".....

And i have also checked the unmatched events tab, there "are sent to the active Msg Browser" has been selected

now what could be the error or reason...

please reply...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

To check for unmatched events find the NNMi server in the node tree and see if there are any alerts for it.

"If matched, do action(send it to ack browser.)" - That is what I would expect to see in the policy for Closed events.

Have you looked at your acknowledged alerts to see if there are any EventLifecycleStateClosed events there?

If there are but the originating event hasn't been closed there is a problem with correlation. 

If there are not any it probably means that for some reason they are not being caught by the policy and you should be able to find them as unmatched events raised against the server.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.