Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. iquesada Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

(NNMi) Support Tip: How to configure the HP-UX Emanate SNMP Agent for v3 access

Hello Community,

The hp-ux native Emanate SNMP agent is pre-installed on most hp-ux servers. By default, the Emanate SNMP agent is not configered to accept SNMP v3 requests. The system administrator needs to enable the Emanate Agent configuration for SNMP v3. This document shows how to configure the native hp-ux Emanate SNMP Agent for SNMP v3 access and to send SNMP v3 traps:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00668198

--> Procedure to create a new SNMP v3 configuration from scratch

--> Procedure to add a new v3 user to the existing SNMP v3 configuration (when configured using above method)

--> Procedure to add a new user to existing SNMP v3 including new trap destinations

HP Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Chan
New Member.

Re: NNMi Support Tip: How to configure the HP-UX Emanate SNMP Agent for v3 access

unable to access the document 
i am getting error as don't have permissions

0 Likes
Dave Young Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: NNMi Support Tip: How to configure the HP-UX Emanate SNMP Agent for v3 access

Hi Chan,

You should now be able to see the document. 

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.