Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

NNMi Support Tip: NNMi SDK and Web Services API in the 10.x licensing structure

Folks,

If you are wondering about the NNMi SDK and Web Services API license and documentation starting from NNMi 10.x, please refer to following document:

KM01580570: NNMi SDK and Web Services API in the 10.x licensing structure

All the best

Marie-Noelle

Micro Focus Customer Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS and show your appreciation.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Bitdog Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: NNMi Support Tip: NNMi SDK and Web Services API in the 10.x licensing structure

I caanot acces that knowledge document I get an error "You don't have permission "

Humbly

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
― Albert Einstein
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Roger barquero Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: NNMi Support Tip: NNMi SDK and Web Services API in the 10.x licensing structure

Hello Bitdog,

In order to workaround that problem, please clear the browser cache & cookies in order to try to acces that KM document.  If this does not work, please try with another browser clearing the cache & cookies as well.

Regards

Roger

HP Support
0 Likes
Bitdog Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I tried a clearing the cache on 3 different browsers and the error still appears.

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
― Albert Einstein
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

The document has a visibility scope set to "Customer Entitled" meaning you need to have a valid SAID which must actually be the case since you have access to this forum.

In order to fix the document access issue itself, I suggest that you open a Web Assistance request using the Web Assistance menu on the top right of the new SSO portal.

For now, let me cut&past the document content below:

Topic:

Following the licensing structure changes introduced in version 10.x of NNMi and the new Advanced, Premium and Ultimate licenses:

1. Which license is required to use the NNMi Software Development Kit (SDK)  and Web Services Application Programming Interface (API)?

2. Where are the NNMi SDK and Web Services API documentation located?

Solution:

In the new licensing structure introduced in NNMi 10.x, the NNMi SDK and Web Services Application API usage is a feature enabled by the NNMi Premium and Ultimate licenses.

The NNMi SDK and Web Services API documentation can be found directly on the system where NNMi has been installed, under the documentation directory:

• Windows: %NnmInstallDir%\doc
  • Linux: $NnmInstallDir/doc

The following manuals and examples can be found there:

• NNM-SDK.pdf: Developer's Toolkit Guide
  • NNM-SDK_Using_NNMi_Web_Services.pdf : Using the NNMi Web Services SDK
  • samples: a directory containing examples

I hope this will help,

All the best

Marie-Noelle

Micro Focus Customer Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.