Highlighted
Dave Young Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

(NNMi) Support Tip: What is the "ovsuf" file and how is it used in NNMi

Folks,

Have you wondered how the NNMi processes are started and stopped when you issue the ovstart/ovstop commands?  Do you need to complement the NNMi features with a script or process that needs to start and stop with NNMi?   The following KCS document explains the configuration file(s) that implment all this:

KM03189000     What is the "ovsuf" file and how is it used in NNMi

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
mostafa_hassan Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: (NNMi) Support Tip: What is the "ovsuf" file and how is it used in NNMi

Hello @Dave Young,

Thanks for all your efforts, 

I have question regarding support utilities for troubleshooting and debugging issues, i know that support team has great utilities in the background why these utilities are not exposed with partners for debugging and troubleshooting issues. that will save alot of time from both sides. 

Regards
Mostafa Hassan
--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, kindly click the 'Kudos' button.
0 Likes
Dave Young Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: (NNMi) Support Tip: What is the "ovsuf" file and how is it used in NNMi

Hi Mostafa,

One of the problems with support utilities is that they tend to be written for specific scenarios and therefore need careful usage when being used in other contexts.  While many are just for analysis, there are some that need to make changes and for these it is important to really understand what the tool is going to do in order to ensure it won't cause further problems.

With that said, where we can, we do provide tools to you.  A number of them are bundled up under the support directory and recently we added a new database analysis tool that we have had internally for a while while we tested it thoroughly and debugged it in a variety of situations.

If you ever need a tool for a situation then do ask on the forum to see if anyone has one as many of the folks on it have a suite of tools themselves.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.